Tuesday, February 19

Kickoff

I've given in to Justin's "you should blog" comments and finally started one, so welcome into my initial foray into blogging (note: I will NOT use the term blogosphere, except for this one time).

Gourmet Hippie, if you've not been introduced to it before, was originally a phrase friends and I threw around to describe me in college and my future pursuits. It was originally just a cooking show, one proving that it is possible to cook healthy food yet still have it taste good, and that vegetarianism isn't a bad word. That show expanded into a product line of kitchen tools that eschewed the idea that you need a specialty tool for everything. More recently, it's become the name of the B&B I run, somewhere in the world, eventually even if for now it's only in my head.

So long as I'm not actually doing any of those things, why not have it describe my catch-all blog? It will be a little bit of cooking, a little bit travelogue, probably a whole lot of "weird things I've seen/experienced in Japan," and probably quite a few articles that interest me.

To start off, here's one of the weird pictures from my collection taken last week at the Niseko train station on the island of Hokkaido.


No comments: