Thursday, April 10

Proof that Japan is trusting

They have vending machines for everything here, including beer. When I asked, "don't you worry that kids will buy beer?" I was told, "but the machines turn off at 11." Somehow that's proof that kids won't buy beer.

I was reminded of that while I was walking Casey today. One of our neighbors has had a case of Corona on his porch for awhile. I had thought it was just an empty cardboard box until today. Now I see the box is gone, but there are still 3 beers left. My guess is they've been using their porch as an extra fridge (which we have also done during parties, but we bring leftovers inside later). Now, can you see anyone in the States leaving beer out in the cold for a month and not having it disappear immediately?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't the kids just buy beer at 10, then?

Gourmet Hippie said...

That's the thing. Apparently they don't; I guess it doesn't occur to them. They don't even jaywalk here.

annie said...

You won an award!!

http://anniecanhazcheezburger.blogspot.com/2008/04/award.html