Tuesday, March 18

Yes, I'm still alive.

See? I told you I wouldn't post regularly. I actually have a few posts stored up in my head, but I haven't sat down to write them out.

A quick update.

I'm going to be a working woman. I got a job as an assistant English teacher in a local elementary school. It's only for 1 day a week, but it should be fun. I think all I have to do is say things with my native speaker accent since there's a Japanese instructor who leads the class. I'm actually really excited about the opportunity to be more involved in the local community. Hopefully, they won't make me eat dried squid at snack time! So look forward to posts on Japanese schools.

Justin has convinced me to do some database design for him. For free. When I found out I was going to move to Japan, everyone said I could two things: teach English or make babies. Justin added a third to that list which was work for him for free. I'm really not liking this progression! I think I'd like to keep it at 2 out of 3 things I said I probably wouldn't do while here, thank you.

And, really, that's about it. The snow has melted finally. I'm still anticipating one last snowstorm, but I'm enjoying driving on snow free roads for now.

Today's picture taken at a drugstore in an airport in Thailand. Sliming gel!

No comments: